Translator

Wednesday, September 28, 2016


Russian Medium Format Camera Lubitel 166B


In my last trip of 2016 to New York, I was tire to shoot digital. This time I only packed my Lubitel 166B,  an old medium film format camera, produced between 1980 and 1990 aprox. 900,000 units. I was ready to do a field test, in one of the more busiest cities in the world: New York. I was impress  for the results, it takes amazing pictures in square format. In addition, to the regular color film, I tried different kinds of Lomography Films. One of my favorites anecdote over there; an old lady stopped her bike, looked at me for 3 to 4 seconds and at last asked me the question "Is that a Hasselblad?" I wished I could say yes, then she approached to me for a quick chat.  Below is the picture I took of the old lady staring at me. It was deep experience handle again a film camera, and for all the people who were looking at me handle what they consider a small black box which takes pictures, as in the old days of photography. 










No comments:

Post a Comment